Data-Link Corporation is a privately held telecommunications company seeking energetic professionals for its expanding workforce. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, vacation, holiday, 401K and profit sharing along with a competitive salary.
Data-Link fosters a team-based culture that generates a rewarding work experience for the individuals on its staff. We are currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Lead Cabling Installer
Leading structured cabling contractor in Connecticut seeks highly motivated self-starters to join our team.
Ideal candidates should be team players and have knowledge of structured cable pathway systems, fire stop systems, various electronic components, cable tray systems and cables that include: twisted pair, coax, stranded, solid conductor low voltage, Category 3, Category 5E, Category 6, 7, multi pair, single and multi mode fiber cables
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings)
- Install, terminate, test, label and documents horizontal, backbone and other cables
- Dress and route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets
- Build out telecom and equipment rooms
- Test, troubleshoot and document test results for cabling
- Conduct job site surveys including visual inspections and problem identification.
- Report any project scope changes, issues, or concerns to assigned managers
- Perform and prepare timely field reporting of asset usage
- Current Connecticut T2 Telecommunications License or higher
- Valid CT driver’s license
- OSHA 10 certification
- A clean drug and criminal background
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational, technical, business school or military training a plus
Work Requirements/Conditions: Use of small hand tools. • Use of power tools. • Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 50 pounds). • Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds. • Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts and roof tops utilizing proper fall protection. • Carrying of loads up and down stairs. • Must work outdoors in all weather conditions. • Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions
ATTENTION: Hartford Residences - looking for qualified/certified Cabling Technicians
Leading structured cabling contractor in Connecticut seeks highly motivated individuals to act as technicians within our organization. We are looking for City of Hartford residents for immediate employment for a project within the city. Contact us Today!!
Voice & Data Technicians
- Responsible for installing cat 5e cable
- Responsible for terminating and testing jacks
- Responsible for installing phones and speaker systems
- Performed hardware components installations as needed
- Maintained a high-level of professionalism, maturity and organizational skills
- All duties performed with exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Provided excellent customer service
We are looking for local candidates only - City of Hartford, CT
Requirements: CT License T, C or E, OSHA 10, and basic Hand Tools needed.
Telecommunication Estimator and Project Manager
Leading structured cabling contractor in Connecticut seeks highly motivated individual to fill position in design/estimating and consulting of voice and data cabling infrastructures.
Ideal candidates should be team players and have knowledge of structured cable pathway systems, fire stop systems, various electronic components, cable tray systems, and copper-fiber cable systems. Minimum 2-5 years experience with estimating, installation and deployment of low voltage projects.
- Actively identify and pursue new business leads and opportunities
- Conduct site visits and attend pre-bid meetings
- Complete project estimates, including take offs, pricing, bid summaries and final bid prep
- Organize and prepare scope of work descriptions
- Interact and negotiate with vendors
- Recognize and communicate risk on projects
- Manage project close-out process, including as-builts, test results and project manuals
- Develop strong relationships with sub-contractors
- 2-5 years experience in project estimation within the telecommunications industry
- Experience in customer facing role and issue resolution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to read and comprehend blue prints and specifications
- Knowledge of telecommunication material and installation methods
- Experience managing field installation technicians
Work Requirements/Conditions: Postion primarily office based but travel to job sites may be required. Flexibility to accommodate project timelines and requirements